Last updated: January 2019
Please note, that all content posted on CharityConnect is published publicly, and may be indexed by Google. For this reason, we advise that you never share personal information such as your email address, your phone number or address. For more details, please read the following policy.
ABOUT THESE TERMS
- These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.charityconnect.co.uk (our site). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
- Please note that before you register as a user of our site, you will be asked to agree to these terms. If you refuse to accept these terms, you will not be able to use our site.
- You should print a copy of these terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
- We may amend these terms from time to time and will inform you by email of any significant changes made.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- www.charityconnect.co.uk is a site operated by Jobladder Limited. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 04672430 and have our registered office at Milton House, 33A Milton Road, Hampton, Middlesex, TW12 2LL. Our VAT number is 745 0608 40.
- To contact us, please email [email protected].
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- our Community Standards Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Community Standards Policy.
ABOUT OUR SITE
- Our site is a community website that allows users from across the charity sector to create a profile, join groups and interact with one another.
- Our site is made available free of charge.
- We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our users' needs. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- While we may run certain background checks, they are not fool-proof and so, as a platform, we cannot take responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of information that our users provide about themselves. When dealing with another user of the site, you must exercise at least the level of caution and care that a reasonable person in your position would exercise when dealing with strangers, especially if you are arranging to meet face to face.
- When you create an account with us, we ask you to choose a password to protect your account. You must keep that password safe, and you must not share it with anyone else. If you think someone else might know your password, you must change it straight away. You are solely responsible for all actions taken on our site using your account.
- When you create a profile with us, we will ask you to provide us with certain information about yourself, such as your name, email address, location, job title, employer, skills and interests. This information must be true and you may not create an account with us using an assumed name or someone else’s identity.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on it.
- However, you must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
THE CONTENT ON OUR SITE
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIRD PARTY LINKS AND WEBSITES
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
USER-GENERATED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY US
- This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including posts and messages. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us at [email protected].
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- Whether you are a consumer or a business user we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- we exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it; and
we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it
- If you are a consumer user: please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Community Standards Policy.
- You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Community Standards Policy.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
RIGHTS YOU ARE GIVING US TO USE MATERIAL YOU UPLOAD
- When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us and other users a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable licence to use such content.
RIGHTS YOU ARE GIVING US WHEN ATTENDING A VIDEO MEETING HOSTED BY CHARITYCONNECT
- All virtual events and meetings will be recorded for future marketing and archival purposes. Before attending a video event/meeting/webinar hosted by us (CharityConnect), you will be prompted to provide your consent to be recorded. If you do not wish to be part of the recording, you have the option to leave the session.
- By giving us (CharityConnect) your consent to be part of a recorded video meeting hosted on our platform, you agree that CharityConnect and its sister-site CharityJob can use, reproduce, publish, display, modify, distribute and otherwise use this recording for any purpose whatsoever, including advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, and in any media whatsoever, now or hereafter existing or developed, even if these Terms and Conditions are later modified or terminated.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR SITE
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Community Standards Policy.
DEACTIVATING YOUR ACCOUNT
- You may deactivate your account at any time.
- Following deactivation, there will be a period of 30 days during which you may re-register the account using your same email address. After the 30 day period, you will be required to set up a new account if you would like to re-register.
- Once you have deactivated your account, your profile will no longer be visible but all content you have shared on the site will remain there.
- Copies of all information you submit to the site may be kept on our back-up systems for a reasonable amount of time following your account deactivation.
WHICH COUNTRY'S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?