CharityConnect Community Standards Policy
ABOUT THIS POLICY
- This community standards policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.charityconnect.co.uk (our site).
- Our mission is to make the UK charity sector as connected as possible. Our site can be used to share experiences, challenges and successes with your colleagues and peers in the charity sector. We want people to feel secure when sharing information on our site and for that reason, we ask you to adhere to this community standards policy. This policy will help you understand what can and cannot be shared on our site, and what type of content can be reported as inappropriate and removed by us.
- We may revise this policy at any time by amending this page and we will notify you of any major changes by email if appropriate.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- www.charityconnect.co.uk is a site operated by Jobladder Limited. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 04672430 and have our registered office at Milton House, 33A Milton Road, Hampton, Middlesex, TW12 2LL. Our VAT number is 745 0608 40.
- To contact us, please email [email protected].
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- chat rooms; and
- messaging services,
- We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
- The use of any of our interactive services by a person under 18 is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
- Should a concern or difficulty arise with one of our interactive services, please contact us at [email protected]
- We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
- You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Contributions must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and/ or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.