It’s a simple but hugely popular events listing of what’s on for UK charities each year, and it’s been exciting to see the number of online visits and shares grow and grow since its inception three years ago.
Our USP is that we include both awareness AND fundraising events, for charities of any size. The ChangeStar Charity Calendar
provides the public with ideas for fun and interesting ways to support a charity, with something for everyone – we’re not all cut out for triathlons!
And you’ll be pleased to hear that we can list up to 5 events free of charge per charity. Each listing clicks through to the charity’s event page, delivering you new leads and potential new participants. In fact, Macmillan Cancer Support contacted us in 2016 to find out more about our calendar, when they noticed a proportion of their event page visitors coming from our site.
We want to make our calendar as effective a tool as possible for charities like yours promoting events. Would you therefore like to browse www.charitycalendar.org and then comment on this article with some feedback?
Thank you - just write your comments below this article.
Here’s some questions for you:
- Will you find this site useful? Why?
- What do you like about the content of the site?
- What do you like about the layout of the site?
- What could be improved?
- What could we add to help you get more people signed up to your events?
- Do you find it easy to add events, using our form here?
We’re a fundraising and social change agency – see ChangeStar website
– and run the Charity Calendar in addition to our busy work schedules! So we have thus far invested only limited resources into the development of the site, hence its simplicity, but there may be potential for developing it further if there is sufficient demand. Do let me know what you think.
Also, if you manage a charity events team, we’d be delighted to come and share the research we’ve compiled on the current market for charity event listings with you. At ChangeStar, we've developed some tools to help you meet the challenges facing events fundraisers at the moment, and could offer to share our ideas on these.
I look forward to receiving your comments, here on the Charity Connect website!
All the best,
PS The photo shows my son and friend taking part in a colour run in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity!
PPS Which 2018 charity event do you think my colleague, Richard Docwra, should take part in this year? He’s mad on beach volleyball, protecting wildlife and eating salad.